|Salary||Grade 8 to Grade 11 (£27,358 - £40,858) 37 hours per week|
Applications are invited from skilled social work practitioners to join a specialist mental health social work team working within a regional, medium secure forensic service.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and highly motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills to work within a challenging, multi-disciplinary environment and make a positive contribution to service delivery, innovative practice and team development.
You will need:
- A recognised social work qualification and current HCPC registration
- Experience in a statutory mental health service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislation including the Mental Health Act (1983), Mental Capacity Act (2005) and Care Act 2014
- Highly effective assessment and case management skills
- An ability to plan, deliver and evaluate evidence based interventions to service users and families with complex and diverse needs
- Expertise in safeguarding adults and children
- Excellent risk assessment, analytical and decision making skills
- An ability to navigate complex care pathways
- A strong commitment to equality, social inclusion and the recovery model.
- An ability to work therapeutically with service users who have significant mental health needs and risks using psycho-social approaches
- An ability to work within an integrated service and in partnership with other professionals and agencies
For further information or an informal discussion please contact Anita Theaker, Head of Forensic Social Work Tel: 01924 316093.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Disclosure Application Form and to provide criminal conviction information.
Wakefield Council is wholly committed to ensuring children and vulnerable adults are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and vulnerable adults whilst promoting their welfare. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this responsibility.