|Salary||G10 £34,788 to £37,849|
We are looking to recruit to a Level 2 Social Worker post within our Adults Safeguarding Team within the Wakefield District working with people aged 18 and over, including older people and those with a wide range of needs including Physical disabilities, Learning disabilities and Mental Health.
This is an opportunity to be part of an exciting challenge within the area of Adults operations. You will need to have a good working knowledge of The Care Act 2014 and related legislation and have a good understanding of delivering Safeguarding Work with Adults at risk. Applicants for this role must be qualified to a Degree level or equivalent and be registered as a Social Worker with HCPC registration. You must have at least 2 years Post Qualifying experience. This is an essential requirement for this role.
Working as part of the Safeguarding Team you will be a;
- Champion within the Adult Safeguarding Team and within the organisation
- Provide specialist advice and co-ordination
- Respond to concerns and make S 42 enquiries
- Where necessary develop robust Safeguarding Plans
- Work with a person subject to abuse in promoting their rights and delivering Making Safeguarding Personal Agenda
- Work with person posing risk
- Co-ordinate who will lead on S42 Enquiries
- Work closely with both our Statutory and wider partners.
For an informal discussion or any further information about the role, please contact Maria O'Connell or Hannah Ferguson on 01924 302682.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Disclosure Application Form and to provide criminal conviction information.
Wakefield Council is wholly committed to ensuring children and vulnerable adults are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and vulnerable adults whilst promoting their welfare. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this responsibility.