|Salary||£32,234 to £34,728 Grade 9 & £35,745 to £38,890 Grade 10|
Here at Wakefield we are looking for dynamic, enthusiastic and committed Social Workers to work with our children and their families in our locality teams in Pontefract and Castleford.
At Wakefield we have adopted a restorative model in every aspect of our practice with children and families. This is to ensure that we work collaboratively to promote resilience and positive change for the children in our district.
We are dedicated to providing our Social Workers with a positive working environment, where they feel safe and supported. We are committed to staff development and progression.
So why choose Wakefield locality teams?
Here at Wakefield we know we are improving and are now some way into our improvement journey. We know this because:
- We have strong and supportive teams with effective leadership. We have permanent managers who are committed to promoting your development.
- We provide regular and reflective supervision to enable you to manage your caseload effectively and develop in your practice.
- Manageable caseloads – with us we strive to keep your caseload below 20 – and have measures in place to make sure it stays that way.
- We offer competitive pay rates with market supplements for every case holding social worker
- We have an innovative in-house Learning Academy, which will provide you with high quality and relevant training and development opportunities.
- We promote career progression to enable you to grow with us.
- We care about our workers and staff morale is good.
- Benefits include essential car user payments, a minimum of 28 days paid annual leave (rising according to your grade and length of service), plus 8 days paid bank holidays.
- Wakefield is a fantastic place to live and work and our office bases in Pontefract and Castleford have excellent links to the motorways, including M62, M1 and A1.
This gives us scope to be creative about how we want to shape our service. We have clear direction of where we want to be and we want you to be a part of this journey.
What do some of our Social Workers say about working for Wakefield?
‘I have been impressed with how much room for career progression there is in the authority… the support I have received from my team has been amazing. I have a great team manager and supportive team… morale is good within the teams’.
‘I love working for Wakefield.... I have felt immense support from my team, my manager and service manager… I feel that there is lots of support and team spirit in Wakefield and it has been an excellent authority to work for’.
‘I have completed a wealth of training which has developed my knowledge and understanding of my role and responsibilities. The learning academy also provides me with a positive ongoing learning environment’
Who are we looking for?
Here we’re looking for only the best social workers – those with the skills, motivation, and passion to help us move forwards. But you also need to be:
- A qualified social worker with a range of experience and expertise; able to carry out the role and responsibilities of a key worker, for a caseload which will include complex and statutory work.
- Be responsible for analysing information to support the ongoing needs of children, young people, and their families and carers.
- An individual who can develop and maintain highly effective relationships with children and young people, families, colleagues and other partner professionals to ensure integrated, holistic, and informed care management and safeguarding.
- An apt communicator, including listening, building empathy, consultation, and negotiation, in order to ensure the best outcomes for our young people.
- A problem-solver and an individual who can think innovatively to identify appropriate social work interventions to promote positive change.
- Able to provide written and verbal reports which are concise, informative and based on analysis of complex evidence which can be used within the legal context.
If you think this is you, apply to join our team. Choose Wakefield.
If you want to find out more about the benefits to choosing Wakefield, visit our dedicated careers page here.
For an informal discussion please contact Jane Wood on 07920331837
Closing date: 6 December 2020
Interviews: Week Commencing 14 December 2020
To view the details relating to this position click the links below: