|Salary||£28,672.00 - £31,346.00 Grade 8, £32,234.00 - £34,728.00 Grade 9|
Remarkable Social Workers work for Outstanding Leaders in Wakefield
Here are just some of the things you can expect when working for Wakefield Council:
Retention payments up to 2023 (subject to T&C) ? Attractive salary ? Maximum caseload of no more than 15 Flexible working ? Small and Supportive Teams ? Permanent Service/Team Managers ? Excellent Learning Academy and ASYE offer
Here in Wakefield, we are looking for ASYE’s with a CSC background and has a or is working towards a Social Work Qualification. to join our social work teams.
Ofsted inspectors recently acknowledged that in Wakefield children and young people are positioned ‘at the centre of all practice’, but we know that our staff are at the heart of realising that.
We recognise the challenges for social workers – both in the complexity of the role and with the additional impact of the national pandemic. We understand the importance of retaining connectivity and providing our teams with the right support, tools, and skills so that they can thrive. In Wakefield you will be provided with the space, resources and support to feel safe, whilst being able to deliver the best possible services for children who need them.
It’s this ethos that has allowed us to build ‘an environment where good and effective social work is flourishing’ and where staff ‘without exception’ are ‘very enthusiastic about working for Wakefield’ (OFSTED, November 2021).
What can I expect:
In Wakefield we provide the conditions in which you can thrive, develop and ultimately succeed through an established and successful ASYE programme.
The “outstanding leadership” identified during our recent OFSTED inspection, paired with our well-resourced innovative Learning Academy, will allow you to benefit from excellent support, training, and development. Ofsted found strength in our learning offer and noted Wakefield as being an authority that ‘excels as a learning organisation’. We have a clear and accessible progression route that enables you to take the next steps in your career at the right time, with our support, should you wish to join us.
We provide exceptional practical and organisational support with a maximum caseload of 15 for all our 1st year Social Workers, as well as supporting you within small teams, with linked Advanced Practitioners as well as your Team Manager.
- We provide regular and reflective supervision to enable you to manage your caseload effectively and develop in your practice.
- We will give you a reduced caseload of 15 in your first year. After this we aim to keep caseloads within maximum of 20 cases.
- We will provide you with an established ASYE forum, with protected time to attend sessions and benefit from high-quality, bespoke training.
- We offer competitive pay rates with market supplements for every case holding social worker
- We care about our workers and staff morale is good.
- Accelerated progression upon completion of ASYE year from £28.672 to £32.234.
- Benefits include essential car user payments, a minimum of 28 days paid annual leave (rising according to your grade and length of service), plus 8 days paid bank holidays.
- Wakefield is a fantastic place to live and work and all of our office basis are in locations with good transport links.
- These are a full-time (or job share posts) of 37 hours per week, with a mix of office and home working and flexible arrangements being possible.
- 28 days of Holidays plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Discounted and subsidised public transport (Arriva Bus Annual Travel Ticket, Northern Trains Limited (NTL), MetroCard).
- The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Great range of benefits including discounted membership to our excellent leisure facilities with free 12 weeks exercise program with a dedicated personal trainer, discounts for a range of retail, entertainment, health and leisure providers, cycle to work scheme and many more.
Salary grade range
- G8 (SCP24 - SCP27) £28,672 - £32,234 – plus a retention payment from £430.08 to - £470.19 in 2022.
- G9 (SCP28 - SCP31) £32,234 - £34,728 – plus a retention payment from £483.52 to £520.92 in 2022.
What would be expected of you, in Wakefield?
We are looking for only the best Newly Qualified Social Workers – those with the skills, motivation, and passion to make a difference to the lives of children & Young People in Wakefield.
- You will have obtained (or be working towards) a Social Work qualification.
- You are committed and motivated to safeguarding our most vulnerable children.
- You are willing to develop new skills and learn in a positive environment.
- You will be able to communicate well with others, including children and their families.
- You will have good IT skills and written communication.
- You will be required to register with Social Work England prior to commencement of employment.
You will be a natural problem solver, who understands both strengths and risks, who can identify appropriate interventions to achieve positive change.
For further information or a discussion please contact:
Louise Danks – Locality Service Manager – email@example.com or 07823 520956
Esther Beresford – Locality Service Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or 07944012877
Tracey Yates – Integrated Front Door Service manager- email@example.com or 07342 092050
Jane Wood – Locality Service Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org or 07920 331837
Kerry Seaston – Children in Care Service Manager – email@example.com or 01924 306139
Closing Date: 4th February 2022. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received.
To view a video, highlighting some of the key quotes and parts of our recent Ofsted report, click here.
If you think this is you, apply to join our team. Choose Wakefield.
If you want to find out more about the benefits to choosing Wakefield, visit our dedicated careers page here.
This post is subject to the Fluency Duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016. The post-holder is required to demonstrate an appropriate level of fluency under the duty as detailed within the job specification for the post.
To view the details relating to this position click the links below: