|Salary||£27,905 to £30,507 Grade 8, £34,788 to £37,849 Grade 10, £38,813 to £41,675 Grade 11|
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and highly motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills to work within a challenging, multi-disciplinary environment and make a positive contribution to service delivery, innovative practice and team development.
You will need:
- A recognised social work qualification and current HCPC registration
- Experience in a statutory mental health service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislation including the Mental Health Act (1983); Mental Capacity Act (2005) and Care Act (2014)
- Highly effective assessment and case management skills including negotiation and reviewing outcomes.
- An ability to plan, deliver and evaluate evidence based interventions to service users and families with complex and diverse needs
- Expertise in safeguarding adults and children
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent risk assessment, analytical and decision making skills.
- An ability to navigate complex care pathways.
- A strong commitment to equality, social inclusion and the recovery model.
- An ability to work therapeutically with service users who have significant mental health needs and risks using psycho-social approaches.
- An ability to work within an integrated service and in partnership with other professionals and agencies.
Newly qualified social workers must successfully complete the Assessed Year in Employment.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Disclosure Application Form and to provide criminal conviction information.
Interviews to take place week commencing 18th November 2019.
Wakefield Council is wholly committed to ensuring children and vulnerable adults are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and vulnerable adults whilst promoting their welfare. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this responsibility.
£27,905 to £30,507 Grade 8, £34,788 to £37,849 Grade 10, £38,813 to £41,675 Grade 11
Newton Lodge, Ouchthorpe Lane, Wakefield, WF1 3SP