|Salary||£44,624.00 - £47,665.00 37 Hours, £22,312.00 - £23,832.50 18.5 hours, Grade 12|
We are seeking Advanced Social Work Practitioners to join our superb Locality and Children in Care Teams. When you work with us, you'll literally be working with the leaders in the field.
We are Ofsted GOOD children’s services with OUTSTANDING leadership.
What will be expected from me?
You will play a central role in achieving positive outcomes for children and young people in Wakefield District. You will be working in small and supported teams led by engaging and supportive senior managers who are committed to making a difference to families within Wakefield.
What can I expect?
- Excellent Salary grade range: G12(SCP 40 – 43) £44.624 – 47.665 (SCP 40 – 43)
- This is a Full-time post of 37 hours per week with Workplace Based/Flexible option available.
- 30 days of Holidays plus 8 Bank Holidays.
What I might be doing?
- You will have a manageable caseload of around 15 cases
- You will work with a restorative approach with families to assess and mitigate risk
- You will create long lasting change for children and families to improve their outcomes.
- You will identify what children and their families need to make positive changes and an ability to write high quality reports and assessments and analyse information effectively.
- You will play a central role in growing our ASYE’s and less experienced social workers through coaching, mentoring and working alongside.
- You will be actively champion quality, practice development and learning alongside your Team Manager and our Learning Academy.
- You will deputise for your Team Manager
Why Wakefield Council?
- Support and access to a high-quality training programme to progress your career to the next level.
- We are committed to supporting the wellbeing of our staff and we recognise that resilient Social Workers need a good work/life balance as well as supportive leadership and support in the workplace. Access to Wellbeing Coaching if required, Support for Carers, a Sense of Belonging.
- Discounted and subsidised public transport (Arriva Bus Annual Travel Ticket, Northern Trains Limited (NTL), MetroCard).
- The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Great range of benefits including discounted membership to our excellent leisure facilities with free 12 weeks exercise program with a dedicated personal trainer, discounts for a range of retail, entertainment, health and leisure providers, cycle to work scheme and many more.
- BA or MA in Social Work, Diploma in Social Work, or equivalent, recognised by the Central Council for Education & Training in Social Work.
- Registered with Social Work England.
- Experience of working with children and families as a qualified Social Worker.
- An ability to build strong relationships with children, their families, colleagues and partner agencies.
- An ability to write high quality reports and assessments and analyse information effectively.
- Practice Educator 1 trained.
To view a video, highlighting some of the key quotes and parts of our recent Ofsted report, click here.
To view our Ofsted report, click here
For further information about any of the roles please contact
Localities Louise Danks email@example.com 07823 520956
Children In Care Julie Woodcock firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate on your application form if you have a service area preference
Full time and part time hours available